Postby Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:59 pm

1) Just used the sync feature in my newly licensed version for the first time. As with other applications, I note that there is no option to have ftp work in passive mode. I don´t care, but I wonder whether some users might. Secondly, oddly the sync exhibits the the same behaviour I observe on application startup: a rather large number of feeds gets initialized, and then Awasu nearly hiccups before continuing. While it´s not a real problem for me anymore (as it was with earlier versions, which forced me to restart Awasu), it´s not exactly smooth either. It really looks like Awasu is doing something like "Start half of all feeds at once, run until you stumble, then get back on your feet mid-course and try once more" :-)

2) I´d like to know what gets written into the log. I have seen that some feeds I had deleted were still available there. Does that always apply, or are there some specific conditions which are responsible for this? In other words: would I always find a feed I had just deleted in the log directory?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:1) Just used the sync feature in my newly licensed version for the first time. As with other applications, I note that there is no option to have ftp work in passive mode. I don´t care, but I wonder whether some users might.

Actually, there is but it's a hidden option. Exit Awasu, open your user's CONFIG.INI file and look for EnableActiveFtp.

Anonymous wrote:Secondly, oddly the sync exhibits the the same behaviour I observe on application startup: a rather large number of feeds gets initialized, and then Awasu nearly hiccups before continuing. While it´s not a real problem for me anymore (as it was with earlier versions, which forced me to restart Awasu), it´s not exactly smooth either. It really looks like Awasu is doing something like "Start half of all feeds at once, run until you stumble, then get back on your feet mid-course and try once more" :-)

Ah yes, there's a hidden option to disable hiccups and the stumble as well :-) :roll:

What exactly do you mean by hiccup? If there are a lot of channels, there will be a delay between when the channels have finished loading and the first update starts. The latest beta (1.2.1) contains some optimizations that shortens this delay by a fair bit. Once the next beta is out, we're going to start work on archiving content in a database and that will speed up startup time significantly.

Or are you talking about the delay at the start of the sync process? Awasu is working extremely hard at this point, analyazing all the channels on the local and remote PC's, figuring out what needs to be done to bring them into sync.

Anonymous wrote:2) I´d like to know what gets written into the log. I have seen that some feeds I had deleted were still available there. Does that always apply, or are there some specific conditions which are responsible for this? In other words: would I always find a feed I had just deleted in the log directory?

I'm assuming you mean the files in the Logs directory. These are just a copy of the last feed downloaded for each channel plus Awasu's own log files. You can safely delete everything in this directory at any time (even if Awasu is running).

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”