GoDanno

Postby GoDanno » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:01 pm

When you change the "Default Channel Properties", the settings are applied to new channels. If I wanted a particular setting to apply to all channels, i.e., from updating every 4 hours to updating every hour, how would I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dan

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:10 pm

GoDanno wrote:If I wanted a particular setting to apply to all channels, i.e., from updating every 4 hours to updating every hour, how would I accomplish this?

Sigh. A new feature to make changes to multiple channels is coming Real Soon Now, once I figure out how to design the UI for it. It's extraordinarily tricky :-(

In the meantime, you will find the <tt>ChannelMaintenance.exe</tt> utility in the Awasu installation directory that will let you make bulk changes to channel configurations. It's a bit of a hack in that it modifies the .CHANNEL config files directly but it does the job.

To change the update interval, you need to select the <i>Auto-update Interval</i> setting and change it to 3600 (the value is in seconds).

GoDanno

Postby GoDanno » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:05 pm

support wrote:Sigh. A new feature to make changes to multiple channels is coming Real Soon Now, once I figure out how to design the UI for it. It's extraordinarily tricky :-(

I can imagine

support wrote:In the meantime, you will find the <tt>ChannelMaintenance.exe</tt> utility in the Awasu installation directory that will let you make bulk changes to channel configurations. It's a bit of a hack in that it modifies the .CHANNEL config files directly but it does the job.

To change the update interval, you need to select the <i>Auto-update Interval</i> setting and change it to 3600 (the value is in seconds).

It's a lot better than updating each channel individually. Many thanks!

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”