greensun

Postby greensun » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:51 pm

this may seem like a silly question, but i cannot seem to figure out how to delete items from a feed. do they just pile up? this is a GREAT program! it is organizing and automating my information gathering from the net in a new way that is saving me alot of time and effort. i really appreciate it!
Forest Green

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:56 pm

greensun wrote:this may seem like a silly question, but i cannot seem to figure out how to delete items from a feed. do they just pile up?

Awasu currently shows the feed items as sent out by the publisher and they will delete old items as they add new ones. The next major feature in Awasu will be archiving of feed items and this will include an option to delete old items.

greensun wrote: this is a GREAT program! it is organizing and automating my information gathering from the net in a new way that is saving me alot of time and effort. i really appreciate it!

Anon

Postby Anon » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:53 am

It seems to me that what we have here is the Achilles' heel of Awasu.
No delete or archiving function. The feeds pile up in channels and there is no archive to put them into? Imagine now if it were feasible to place those organized channel feeds into shared information spaces where the information was aggregated under subject headings and, thus, retrievable in hundreds of separate dot-com master channels, as if from a feedbank. Now that would be progress. Each user would have his or her own feedbank, for research, commerce or whatever. Imagine!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:59 am

Anon wrote:Imagine!

Oh, we have!

Archiving is coming next and we have big plans for this. It will be staged i.e. the first beta will simply archive feed items as they come in and then subsequent betas will start adding more sophisticated features. There's going to be a lot more than just a dumb store of content :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”