Gatekeeper

Postby Gatekeeper » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:23 pm

When I try to open a page in my default browser (IE6 SP1), Windows Explorer opens, showing the Awasu folder. The Web page does not display. How can I fix this?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:35 pm

Gatekeeper wrote:When I try to open a page in my default browser (IE6 SP1), Windows Explorer opens, showing the Awasu folder. The Web page does not display.

Right-click on the problem link, copy the URL and post it here. If you also let us know the URL for the feed itself, we can take a better look at what the problem is.

This is typically a problem with the feed itself. You should get in touch with the publisher and tell them to stop using relative links in their URL's :-)

Gatekeeper

Postby Gatekeeper » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:57 pm

support wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:When I try to open a page in my default browser (IE6 SP1), Windows Explorer opens, showing the Awasu folder. The Web page does not display.

Right-click on the problem link, copy the URL and post it here. If you also let us know the URL for the feed itself, we can take a better look at what the problem is.

This is typically a problem with the feed itself. You should get in touch with the publisher and tell them to stop using relative links in their URL's :-)

My problem isn't with any specific URL. The problem is that when I right-click a page and choose "Open in my default browser," I get a Windows Explorer window instead.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:09 pm

Gatekeeper wrote:The problem is that when I right-click a page and choose "Open in my default browser," I get a Windows Explorer window instead.

Right-click on a link and choose "Copy shortcut." Go to the Start menu and choose Run. Paste in the link - it should start with "http://" - and press ENTER. What happens?

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”