lloyd_borrett

Postby lloyd_borrett » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:34 pm

G'day,

I have just recently turned on the Atom feed generation for my Blogger based blog http://www.borrett.id.au/insight/lrb-blog-atom.xml
Awasu 2.0 handles it just fine.

Looking to make my feed available to readers that don't support Atom, I registered with FeedBurner to use SmartFeed. This is a service suggest by Blogger that converts Atom feeds to RSS on-the-fly for readers that do not support Atom. The idea is to only make this version publicly visible and enable all readers to use that feed.

My FeedBurner SmartFeed based feed is available at http://feeds.feedburner.com/lrb-blog

However, when I try to get Awasu to read the FeedBurner version, it won't.

I suspect there is some sort of handshaking/identification issue between Awasu and FeedBurner SmartFeed.

Is this a known problem? If not, any ideas as to what the resolution might be?

Best Regards, Lloyd.

abwilson

Postby abwilson » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:44 pm

http://feeds.feedburner.com/lrb-blog produces an Atom feed. Awasu handles it fine if at the time of defining the channel you click the XSLT button in the New Channel dialog and select atom2rss.xsl (available for download from awasu.com).

Allan

lloyd_borrett

Postby lloyd_borrett » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:17 pm

G'day Alan,

That makes sense, and obviously that is how I got the Atom version of my feed to work with Awasu.

I guess I was just hoping that Awasu and FeedBurner would handshake together, and maybe Awasu would then get an RSS version of the feed, without that extra step being necessary.

Suspect that if Blogger are going to be pushing more people towards FeedBurner as their RSS compatability solution then handshaking with FeedBurner is something you might need to look into supporting.

Then again, I guess when Awasu becomes able to automatically recognise and handle Atom feeds the problem may be solved. And I understand that is in the pipeline.

Best Regards, Lloyd.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:54 pm

we have added Awasu's user-agent to the feed readers that SmartFeed recognizes. so lloyd, future feeds will work automatically.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:11 am

That's great guys. Nice to see a company being so responsive to user feedback.

By the way, I'm working on an article for the Melbourne PC User Group's magazine PC Update, on setting up a Blogger based blog. I'll be sure to include my recommendation that people try Awasu as their newsreader.

Best Regards, Lloyd.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:By the way, I'm working on an article for the Melbourne PC User Group's magazine PC Update, on setting up a Blogger based blog. I'll be sure to include my recommendation that people try Awasu as their newsreader.

Send us an email (support@awasu.com) and I'll set something up for you guys. Always pleased to get coverage in our home town :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”