Janet

Postby Janet » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:16 am

Hi

I'm currently using the free version of Awasu, but considering upgrading.

However, there are a couple of things that are bugging me:

1 your pages are displayed using M$ IE, which is rather fraught. Although I haven't the technical knowhow (or time) to transfer to Linux, I do use Mozilla products for net-browsing - FireFox is so much more efficient with its tabs (and safer too ^_^).

Have you any plans to provide a Mozilla version of Awasu, or even convert completely?

2 Being M$-shy, especially now there are even more possible attacks on newer versions of the Windows OS, I am creaking along on W98SE. There are times, if I am not careful to look at Awasu early in a session, that my computer cannot cope and 'seizes up'.

Can the Aswau code be made less 'greedy'? I'd have thought that this might be a good selling point - sleek and neat!

I look forward to your responses.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:17 am

Janet wrote:Have you any plans to provide a Mozilla version of Awasu, or even convert completely?

Awasu can be modified to use Mozilla. Check the FAQ.

Janet wrote:There are times, if I am not careful to look at Awasu early in a session, that my computer cannot cope and 'seizes up'.

What version of Awasu are you using? Is anything happening at the time e.g. lots of channel updates?

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”