AMDave

Postby AMDave » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 am

I'd like to eval Awasu, so here's the issue.

I've installed v2.0, then v2.0.1, v2.0.2, and v2.0.3. (This is a bit tedious as v2.0.2 ought to include v2.0.1, and v2.0.3 ought to include v2.0.1 & v2.0.2. :( ) I extracted all files over their earlier versions.

However, when viewing Help | About, the display still shows v2. I know this isn't upgraded, b/c when I open the Options panel and select Display, there is no "Embedded Browser" drop down list allowing me to opt for Mozilla.

What is the correct procedure for upgrading :?:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:12 am

AMDave wrote:I've installed v2.0, then v2.0.1, v2.0.2, and v2.0.3. (This is a bit tedious as v2.0.2 ought to include v2.0.1, and v2.0.3 ought to include v2.0.1 & v2.0.2. :( ) I extracted all files over their earlier versions.

Yes, it is :-) Although it's not just a case of including the appropriate files - each beta often has some additional steps that need to be carried out.

The idea is that people keep up with the betas, although I realize that this doesn't work for people just starting out with Awasu. The way betas are released will change in the next release cycle i.e. after 2.1 is released.

AMDave wrote:However, when viewing Help | About, the display still shows v2. I know this isn't upgraded, b/c when I open the Options panel and select Display, there is no "Embedded Browser" drop down list allowing me to opt for Mozilla.

It sounds like something went wrong while you unpacked the zips. Maybe they unzipped to the wrong directory :? One way to make sure the zip gets unpacked to right place is to delete (or rename) awasu.exe before you unzip. This way, if you find an awasu.exe in the installation directory, you know it's the right one.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”