ko

Postby ko » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:04 am

Hi,

I'm a bit new to the whole RSS thing, but i was wondering which port RSS feeds are taken from, is it 80 or another port?

my reason for asking, i've installed awasu v1.0 and am having trouble accessing any rss feeds. i can't even update the awasu news.rss feed. i connect to the net through an proxy and every time i try to update a feed or add a channel, i get a http 407 error from my proxy. Also, awasu seems to time out, not responding to any windows events. it finally comes back with a message "Can't send the HTTP request ..."

thanks in advance.

ko

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3021
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:28 am

ko wrote:i was wondering which port RSS feeds are taken from, is it 80 or another port?


RSS feeds are retrieved via HTTP over port 80.

ko wrote:i get a http 407 error from my proxy.


Awasu will use Internet Explorer's proxy settings. Can you get the feeds from IE?

ko

Postby ko » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:13 am

support wrote:Awasu will use Internet Explorer's proxy settings. Can you get the feeds from IE?


I am trying to add a channel for the feed from http://www.joelonsoftware.com/rss.xml . i can read it in internet explorer but when i open it in awasu, I get a proxy authentication required message. I have just tried the same with http://www.wired.com/news_drop/netcenter/netcenter.rdf with the same results.

sorry, just thought of something else, it might be my proxy which is dud. i now remember having the same sort of problems with netscape trying to access outside resources. therefore, unless you have some very spiffy suggestion, i'm probably going to have to talk to my sysadmins to get them to fix the proxy.

thanks for your help.

ko

Postby ko » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:24 am

ko wrote:
support wrote:Awasu will use Internet Explorer's proxy settings. Can you get the feeds from IE?


I am trying to add a channel for the feed from http://www.joelonsoftware.com/rss.xml . i can read it in internet explorer but when i open it in awasu, I get a proxy authentication required message. I have just tried the same with http://www.wired.com/news_drop/netcenter/netcenter.rdf with the same results.

sorry, just thought of something else, it might be my proxy which is dud. i now remember having the same sort of problems with netscape trying to access outside resources. therefore, unless you have some very spiffy suggestion, i'm probably going to have to talk to my sysadmins to get them to fix the proxy.

thanks for your help.


Just thought i'd let you know, worked out what the problem was... letting you know for your support notes etc.

background on my situation:
i'm using ie6 and our corporate proxy is isa.

in tools -> internet options -> advanced tab and tick the Enable Integrated Windows Authenication in the security section. Apply the changes. Stop and restart ie and startup awasu. try to create new channels.

Guillermo Perez

Postby Guillermo Perez » Wed May 28, 2003 6:23 pm

I have tried to do what's in the instructions and it did'nt work... :cry:

Can anyone help :wink:

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3021
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Wed May 28, 2003 11:03 pm

Guillermo Perez wrote:I have tried to do what's in the instructions and it did'nt work...


What exactly is happening?

eduardo

Postby eduardo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:47 pm

I cant access the feeds too, and I think the problem is the username of the proxy autentication if trimming to 7 characters (and my username is 8 character lenght)

Eduardo

Postby Eduardo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:55 pm

One more think: It took 5 minutes to tell me that it cant connect, Thats make it difficult to test it.

15oct03 12:50:25 Getting the latest feed from http://www.awasu.com/news.rss
15oct03 12:55:25 http://www.awasu.com/news.rss error: Can't update the feed.
15oct03 12:55:25 - Can't send the HTTP request: http://www.awasu.com/news.rss

Eduardo

Postby Eduardo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:43 pm

nevermind, upgrade to 1.1.3 and problem solved.

Why does the control center panel flick?

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3021
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:23 pm

Eduardo wrote:Why does the control center panel flick?


When is it flickering? During channel updates?


Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests