tony

Postby tony » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:48 am

Hello,

I feel stupid, but how do you delete the feeds that you don't want or that you have already read. I have several channels and I can see how it will feel up fast. Thanks for helping a guy who is a real novice to this RSS thing. I enjoy your program a lot!!!!!!!!!!! [/img]

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:54 am

tony wrote:I feel stupid, but how do you delete the feeds that you don't want or that you have already read.

Right-click on the channel in the My Channels window and choose "Delete channel" or use the File menu.

tony wrote:I have several channels and I can see how it will feel up fast.

Believe me, it will! I have about a 100 and I spoke to somebody today who has over 200!!!

tony wrote:Thanks for helping a guy who is a real novice to this RSS thing. I enjoy your program a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

No problems. Glad you like it :-)

tony

Postby tony » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:38 pm

Thanks for answering so quickly! I actually meant the individual items within the channel. Ex: I want to delete an item ("Dance is on") within my channel "Google Weblog". Hope this clarifies. Thanks again!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:01 am

Ah. It is currently not possible to do this. Awasu will always show you everything contained in the feed, highlighting unread items. Feeds are supposed to contain a maximum of 15 items so showing them all is generally not a problem.

If other people ask for it, I may add an option to hide items you have already read.

[edit]
BTW, web sites that publish RSS feeds will remove old items from the feed as new ones are added. So it's not like channels will start filling up with items indefinitely. Maybe that's what you were worried about?
[/edit]

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:27 pm

If other people ask for it, I may add an option to hide items you have already read.

I would vote for an option to hide items that have been read! I think that would be a very nice feature since it would make it so easy to go through your channels and quickly see what is new. Great idea!

marco

Postby marco » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:26 pm

My vote would go for a few headers on the headline panel:
(news) date, time, read, bookmark. One could then sort
the headlines and quickly see what is new, what was read
and what was bookmarked. (I'd also add the ability to sort
the channels and bookmarks - useful if you have a lot of
them).

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:57 pm

Good idea. I'll add it to the list.

targon

Postby targon » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:22 pm

support wrote:If other people ask for it, I may add an option to hide items you have already read.

Yes, please! This would be extremely useful when monitoring feeds that update frequently - like freshmeat. Especially since I usually read the descriptions, not just the item names.

Also, it would be nice to be able to only see unread items in the system tray many - and maybe even combine all channels in a category to one system tray menu. This way, I could quickly check new items in a category without the need to go into individual channels and pick the items myself.

Tero

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:31 pm

targon wrote:This way, I could quickly check new items in a category without the need to go into individual channels and pick the items myself.

Here's a quick way of doing a similar thing. If you generate a report that includes new items only, you will get a single page summary of all new items across the selected channels.

Let me know if you need a hand setting up the necessary report config.

targon

Postby targon » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:44 pm

support wrote:Here's a quick way of doing a similar thing. If you generate a report that includes new items only, you will get a single page summary of all new items across the selected channels.

Thanks for the tip, works fine!

...except when I click on an item on the report, it isn't marked read. Any way around this?

Tero

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:09 am

targon wrote:except when I click on an item on the report, it isn't marked read. Any way around this?

Sigh... Good point. No workaround for this, I'm afraid. I'll see if I can hack something in for the next beta.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”