vidconf

Postby vidconf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 am

Just upgraded my Free version to Advanced Edition :-)

Question:

I've got a channel report generated every hour with (New Content) only.
This works great.

How can I "Mark all as read" after the report is genrated so that the next hour I get a new report with only the new content for the last 60 minutes?

Thanks

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:23 am

vidconf wrote:How can I "Mark all as read" after the report is genrated so that the next hour I get a new report with only the new content for the last 60 minutes?

There's currently no way to do this although I've been mulling over it for quite a while (there are some implementation issues). I'll have another think about it and see if I can get something in for the next release.

In the meantime, if you want to track only new items from the past hour, the best way to do it would probably be via a channel hook. Just write a little script and attach it the channels of interest and it will get called every time new items arrive. Or you can use the existing MySql channel hook to save items in a database and then write something to extract what you want from there.

vidconf

Postby vidconf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:39 am

Thanks,

Look forward to a possible new feature to acheive this :-)

For now maybe I can use an automation tool to get this done.

What is the Keyboard shortcut for "mark all as read" for all feeds in a folder?

What I'm thinking is that when the report is created I'll send a series of key srokes to Awasu to mark them as read. (or is there a command line interface?)

Vid

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 am

vidconf wrote:What is the Keyboard shortcut for "mark all as read" for all feeds in a folder?

There isn't one by default but you can assign one from the <i>Tools|Customize</i> dialog.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”