Page 1 of 1

Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 am
by vidconf
Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?
{%ITEM-METADATA% description}


Something like:
{%ITEM-METADATA% description format=100word}

Thanks

Vid

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 am
by support
vidconf wrote:Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?

There is but it's a global setting and affects everything within Awasu where an item description is generated. I'll add something to the next release that does what you want.

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm
by vidconf
support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Anyway to limit the Item description to maximum characters or words?

There is but it's a global setting and affects everything within Awasu where an item description is generated. I'll add something to the next release that does what you want.


I don't mind using a global setting for now :D

What is the setting?

Do you have docs somewhere on all the template parameters and option and tweaks?

Thanks

Vid

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:15 am
by support
vidconf wrote:What is the setting?

I'll post something when I get back.

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm
by vidconf
support wrote:
vidconf wrote:What is the setting?

I'll post something when I get back.


Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

Thanks

Vid

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:40 am
by support
vidconf wrote:Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

I'm not back yet :-)

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:09 pm
by vidconf
support wrote:
vidconf wrote:Just checking for an update to the global setting to limit the item description to max words/characters?

I'm not back yet :-)


Are you back? :D

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:04 am
by support
vidconf wrote:Are you back?

Nope, something came up so I'm going to be away for a bit longer (probably until mid-next week). I had a look at it already but I really need to be back at the office to figure it out. Don't worry, I won't forget... :-)

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:22 pm
by support
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. It's actually quite easy... :-)

Exit Awasu and open up your user's <tt>CONFIG.INI</tt> file in Notepad, find the lines that start with <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMinWords=</tt> and <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMaxWords=</tt> and adjust them accordingly.

Changing this will affect channel summary pages, channel reports and search result pages (if they are configured to show excerpted item descriptions, of course).

Re: Channel Report" Item Description

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 am
by vidconf
support wrote:Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. It's actually quite easy... :-)

Exit Awasu and open up your user's <tt>CONFIG.INI</tt> file in Notepad, find the lines that start with <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMinWords=</tt> and <tt>FeedItemDescriptionExcerptMaxWords=</tt> and adjust them accordingly.

Changing this will affect channel summary pages, channel reports and search result pages (if they are configured to show excerpted item descriptions, of course).


Very cool.

Works like a charm :lol:

Thanks!

Vid