kleinfelter

Postby kleinfelter » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:47 am

I've got a PC without Awasu. I'd like to put 2.0.4 on it. 2.0.4 says you must already be runnung 2.0.3. OK, but 2.0.3 says you must already be running 2.0.2. OK, but 2.0.2 says you must already be running 2.0.1.

But, I can't get 2.0.1 becasuse it has expired.

So how do I get 2.0.4 on a machine that is not already running a beta?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:08 am

Just install 2.0.1, you don't need to run it.

Magic Speller

Postby Magic Speller » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:45 pm

I'm in a similar situation. I had to reinstall Windows, which means reinstalling Awasu (and everything else). My Awasu folder is still there (on a different drive), but obviously I've lost all the registry entries.

What's the correct procedure? Leave the folder as is and install 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, and 2.0.4? Or do I need to delete the folder first?
Keith

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:19 am

Magic Speller wrote:I had to reinstall Windows, which means reinstalling Awasu (and everything else). My Awasu folder is still there (on a different drive), but obviously I've lost all the registry entries.

You can just run it as it is.

If it's on a different drive letter, you might find some things not working properly since Awasu stores file paths using absolute file paths (i.e. with a drive letter). For example, if you open a channel, you'll probably get an error saying Awasu can't find the template file but if you go to Program Options and reset it, it'll work again. Ditto for report configurations, etc.

You'll also have to manually recreate the Start menu entry and the uninstaller won't work.

Awasu stores a bit of stuff in the Registry but not much. It's mostly UI-related. Any problems that might come up are fixable without having to reinstall.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”