Walter

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:04 am

I ran Awasu 2.0 Advanced on a Windows ME computer (and still have the original executable that you sent me).. I have now upgraded to a new Windows XP computer . How can I best install Awasu on the new computer and transfer my channels and settings from the old one?

Should I wait to purchase your version 2.1?

Thanks for your help - and for your great product.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:06 am

Walter wrote:How can I best install Awasu on the new computer and transfer my channels and settings from the old one?

The best way is like this:

- Install Awasu on the new XP machine. Make sure it is exactly the same version number as the one on your Me machine. If you have the 98/Me version (it will have MSLU in the filename), this will run on XP but it's better to use the proper NT/2K/XP version. If you still have the original email you got when you purchased Awasu, the download details are in it. Otherwise send us an email.

- On the Me machine, do a sync save (File|Synchronization|Save sync data) and save the sync data to a file somewhere.

- Transfer the sync data file to the new machine (e.g. via CD or email it to yourself) and do a sync load. All your channels and settings will now be there on the new machine.

Enjoy your new box! :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”