View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Post Please Help with email to rss
Hi, I am very new to all of this, and if someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated !!
I would like to convert my pop3 email to an rss feed to view on my ppc.. I downloaded the email plugin, and tried to setup the channel for my email account.. All I see is the web site where I would sign-in to get my mail..
I am really confused on how to directly access my mail, and convert to rss !!
I also get this error message when trying to update : XML parse failed (7:L3/C2): mismatched tag

Also, once converted to rss, do the updates need to be done on my desktop, and transfered to my ppc, or can I directly access the new rss feed from my ppc ???

Please Help !! :help: :wall:

UPDATE:

I was able to setup the channel to access my email server, and eliminated the errors.. I can successfully see the mail when I update the channel !!
Now I need to know how to convert this into an rss feed that I can access from my ppc...... Thanks !! :D

Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:49 pm
Post Re: Please Help with email to rss
what's a ppc?

how are you running the plugin? it should be done from the channel wizard. it will automatically put the feed into awasu.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:56 pm
what's a ppc?

Pocket PC !!

Quote:
how are you running the plugin? it should be done from the channel wizard. it will automatically put the feed into awasu.

I do run the plugin from the channel Wizard, and it does automatically put the feed into awasu, but I also have the ability to view rss on my Pocket PC, and would like to know if/how I could maybe export this same feed to my Pocket PC, and be able to also update it !! :roll:

Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:37 pm
Site Admin

I do run the plugin from the channel Wizard, and it does automatically put the feed into awasu, but I also have the ability to view rss on my Pocket PC, and would like to know if/how I could maybe export this same feed to my Pocket PC, and be able to also update it !!

Look in the Logs subdirectory for a copy of the latest feed. Also, check out the doco on channel reports for info on more sophisticated ways of exporting content.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Look in the Logs subdirectory for a copy of the latest feed. Also, check out the doco on channel reports for info on more sophisticated ways of exporting content.

Hi, Thanks for the replies !

In the log folder, there are a few ".rss" files, but how would I use them in my Pocket PC ?? And if I can, would they have to be updated on the Desktop, and once again coppied to the Pocket PC ?? :wall:

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:50 am
Site Admin

In the log folder, there are a few ".rss" files, but how would I use them in my Pocket PC ?? And if I can, would they have to be updated on the Desktop, and once again coppied to the Pocket PC ?? :wall:

Find the .RSS file that corresponds to the channel you want to duplicate on your Pocket PC. This is the RSS feed for your email account.

How exactly you get your Pocket PC to subscribe to it depends on what software you are using on it. You need to contact the people who wrote it and ask them how to subscribe to a file that is on your PC.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]