View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Post Am I hosed?
I had a disk crash.
I reinstalled Awasu Personal from scratch (2.0->2.0.1->2.0.2->2.0.3->2.0.4->2.0.5). Then I went to load my sync data (stored elsewhere, thank heavens.) Oops. The lastest awasu.sync I have is from 2.0.3. Neither 2.0.4 or 2.0.5 will read it.

And Awasu 2.0.3 won't run, since it's expired. Do I have to try to recreate the settings and subs by hand? The last opml file I have is at least 6 months old.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

Post Would this work?
If 2.0.3 is the only thing that can process the file, can I set my system clock back six months, process the file, then install 2.0.4 and 2.0.5? Is it likely to break something else? I'm running Win2k. Most of the unix apps I'm familar with are pretty forgiving of future dates, unless you're running a make.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Would this work?
I was going to suggest setting your clock back. That probably won't break anything.

The alternative is to create a DEBUG.INI file in your user's home directory that looks like this:

Code:
[Debug]
IgnoreSyncVersionMismatch=1

This disables the check that ensures the versions match. The check is in place since it's not a scenario we test for nor want to support but you should be OK.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

Post Worked.
Using the debug.ini solution, 2.0.4 was able to read the sync file. All settings came through, and I was able to upgrade to 2.0.5. Glad to hear that this is in the "not known not to work" rather than "known not to work" category! Thanks again for the support, and the great tool.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Worked.
sysadmn wrote:
Glad to hear that this is in the "not known not to work" rather than "known not to work" category!

Nice phrase. I'll have to include it in the help file :-) Maybe the license as well :P

Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]