lk

Postby lk » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Anyone else having a problem with this feature in 2.1? I just updated from 2.0 -> 2.1, and now when I close the app, channels that I didn't click on stay unread. In 2.0, all channels that had the "Mark all items as read on close" option checked would catch up when I closed the app.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

lk

Postby lk » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:59 am

Anyone?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:32 pm

lk wrote:Anyone else having a problem with this feature in 2.1? I just updated from 2.0 -> 2.1, and now when I close the app, channels that I didn't click on stay unread. In 2.0, all channels that had the "Mark all items as read on close" option checked would catch up when I closed the app.

We're looking at it. But you don't say what exactly is happening in 2.1 that's wrong. All I can see is "now when I close the app, channels that I didn't click on stay unread" which is correct behaviour.

lk

Postby lk » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. Assuming the "Mark all items as read on close" option was checked:

* In 2.0, when I would exit the application, channels would be marked as read, regardless of whether or not I opened them. I could read only a few channels, exit the app, and when I re-opened the app, it would be as if I had read/opened every channel during the previous session.
* After upgrading to 2.1, channels are not marked as read when I close the application. When I re-open the application, the channel shows up with the unread items. Now, I have to click on/open each channel before exiting the app in order to have it caught up the next time I open the app.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the intended purpose of this option? Regardless, it works differently now after the upgrade. Maybe it's just me?

Thanks!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:20 am

lk wrote:* In 2.0, when I would exit the application, channels would be marked as read, regardless of whether or not I opened them. I could read only a few channels, exit the app, and when I re-opened the app, it would be as if I had read/opened every channel during the previous session.

Um, did it really? :?: :oops: That's incorrect behaviour. As the option name suggests, items are supposed to marked as read when the window is closed i.e. you need to open it first :-)

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:50 pm

support wrote:Um, did it really? :?: :oops: That's incorrect behaviour.

Hehe -- OK. I kinda liked that "feature" ... it gave me a way of not having topics build up in a channel without having to open every channel.

Thanks for your help! :)

squeg

Postby squeg » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Now it's been a long time since I've used 2.0, but i don't ever recall seeing the behavior you described. I generally like to keep unread items around until i've actually had a chance to open and look at the channel.

That being said, i think you can still get the behavior you're looking for from the current version of the software. Try changing your filters to show "new" items, rather than "unread". I believe items are marked as "not new" when you close the application, even though they're not marked as "read." With filers set that way, you should always only see feeds that have been recently updated, whether you've opened the old ones or not.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:15 am

squeg wrote:I believe items are marked as "not new" when you close the application, even though they're not marked as "read."

Not quite. Items are considered "new" if they have been received since you last looked at the channel. They are also remembered across sessions.

squeg

Postby squeg » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:21 pm

oops. Sorry. I knew i should have double-checked that. :(

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”