View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Post reading feeds offline
I am using the Awasu Personal edition and have one important question:

Can I download all channels and read the news offline?

I am working on a laptop and would like to download the latest news on my laptop and then read the news during my travell.

Is this possible? I have tried all Options (also all prefences) but did not found the possibility to read the news offline.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:33 am
Site Admin

Post Re: reading feeds offline
chris wrote:
Can I download all channels and read the news offline?

I do most of my work on a laptop and read a lot of my feeds offline in exactly the way you describe. I think the problem you are having can be explained by understanding how RSS works.

An RSS feed contains a bunch of items that the publisher puts out to let people know when there is new content on their site. Items can either contain the full body of each post or a brief excerpt. In either case, items usually have a link associated with them that you can click to go to the actual item itself.

Awasu downloads the RSS feed and shows you whatever the publisher is providing, be it full content or the excerpt. This you can read while offline. However, if the publisher is only providing excerpts and expects you to click through to the URL, you obviously won't be able to do that unless you are connected to the internet.

BUT, we will be providing a feature soon to automatically follow each item's URL and download the content to the browser cache so that you can read it even when offline.

Given that I do most of my RSS'ing on a laptop while offline, you can be assured that this feature will be coming pretty soon :-)

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]