Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:52 am

Hi

Just curious if there's any support for the comment elements and comment feeds of <wfw:comment/> <wfw:commentRss/> and <slash:comments/>?

I had a vague idea of modifying my summary templates to include this information. Not sure what i can do with it, or how its supposed to work, but seeing how many comments there are for an item would be good.

Do you have any thoughts about some inherent Awasu support for comment rss feeds? I'm not sure how it should be displayed, but it'd be nice to say "i want to see all comments on this item", and then add it somehow as a child-feed or something. I'm not sure on the best way to tell the user that there's a new comment on an item that they've read, but i'm sure you'll come up with something spiffy :).

Cheers,
Matt

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:57 pm

Matt wrote:Just curious if there's any support for the comment elements and comment feeds of <wfw:comment/> <wfw:commentRss/> and <slash:comments/>?

Awasu currently doesn't recognize these tags. It's been on the to-do list for a while :oops:. It does recognize RSS's <comment> tag and shows it as a "Discuss" link for each item.

Matt wrote:Do you have any thoughts about some inherent Awasu support for comment rss feeds? I'm not sure how it should be displayed, but it'd be nice to say "i want to see all comments on this item", and then add it somehow as a child-feed or something. I'm not sure on the best way to tell the user that there's a new comment on an item that they've read, but i'm sure you'll come up with something spiffy :).

Some blogging systems put out RSS feeds for the comments for individual posts. If I want to subscribe to comments, I subscribe to one of these and put an expiry date on the channel e.g. one month. If there's no feed, you might be able to hack something using the UrlMonitor plugin that monitors if a web page has been modified.

Adding a child feed is a neat idea but introduces a lot of complexity for something that probably won't be used very often :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”