larry

Postby larry » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:42 pm

hOW DO I have my channels update whenever I open Awasu? :o

squeg

Postby squeg » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Larry, I poked through the settings real fast to see if i could find what you're looking for, and I don't see it. That being said, I think Awasu already checks for updates when you start it. At least it does for me. When you set up a channel you tell it how frequently you want it update. As far as i can tell, if the timer has elapsed since the last time you opened Awasu, it checks the feed.

For instance, most of my channels are set to update once ever 6 hours. A few are set for one or 2 hours if they're more regularly updated. When i launch Awasu each morning, it checks all of my channels. I don't have to manually tell it to update.

If you're channels aren't updating then it may be because you've indicated a "blackout" schedule where the program is supposed to refrain from updating. Or perhaps somehow, you've not specified an update schedule for the channel. (Though i don't expect this is the problem, since "never" isn't one of the update options).

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 am

larry wrote:hOW DO I have my channels update whenever I open Awasu? :o

This option has been on The List for a while but it's not terribly important. As squeq said, you're better off just letting Awasu manage the update schedule - if a channel is due for an update when you start Awasu, it will get updated automatically.

If you absolutely *must* update all your channels, you can do an Update All (Tools menu).

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”