noel

Postby noel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:38 pm

I've just downloaded Awasu, and it looks very, very good. This is what I want to do:

Download various RSS feeds, pull out the news items that contain certain keywords and combine these items into one new feed. Is this possible?

Some RSS products provide you with a 'newspaper' view but this is too simplistic - I want to take the subset I have filtered and send the details through to 'Feed For All', merge it with my own RSS items and then publish into a table on a web site.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:40 pm

This is definitely possible in Awasu. There are a number of ways to do it:

1) Use the MySQL channel hook to save content in a MySQL database as it arrives. A plugin channel could then be written to extract content of interest and generate a RSS feed from it.

2) We will be adding a feature soon that lets you create channels for Awasu search results (instead of just relying on the current search agents). These could be used to do the heavy lifting of finding content of interest and a simple plugin channel could tie it all together.

Awasu's reporting features can be used to take care of publishing the results on your web site. They simply extract content of interest out of Awasu, format it into a report (customizable via templates) and then FTP it somewhere.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”