View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Post Stock Ticker ...
How can I check which mnemonics can be used in certain feed. For example for feed: http://new.marketwire.com/rss/BreakingN ... nglish.xml

I am looking for stock ticker, which is 3 or 4 digit alfa sign.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Stock Ticker ...
Otonicara wrote:
How can I check which mnemonics can be used in certain feed.

What do you mean by "check"?

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 am
Profile WWW

Post vb code sample ..
I would like to know if stock ticker is within rss feed metadata? Probabyl I need to open xml file somehow (idea welcome) to see columns. Is any other way to see which metadata is in certain feed - metadata fields names as it will be in ini file?

It would be very appreciate VB code sample for exporting Title, Description and ticker (or any other metadata) to Access. I assume I have to make a hook file which is calling vb file. Probably I can write in vb file clasical vb code to logon to access and perform sql statement. I do not know how to reference fields in order to read data from ini file. VB code sample would be of great use ..

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: vb code sample ..
Otonicara wrote:
I would like to know if stock ticker is within rss feed metadata?

If the stock codes are embedded in the XML using custom (i.e. non-RSS) tags, you can use metadata modules to extract them. If they're in the item titles or descriptions, you can use feed item filters to highlight them in the item pane.

Otonicara wrote:
It would be very appreciate VB code sample for exporting Title, Description and ticker (or any other metadata) to Access. I assume I have to make a hook file which is calling vb file.

That's right. Unfortunately, we don't have any sample code for doing database access but you can look at the <tt>LogChannelActivity</tt> hook in the <tt>ChannelHooks</tt> sub-directory for an example on how to write a hook.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]