Otonicara

Postby Otonicara » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 am

How can I check which mnemonics can be used in certain feed. For example for feed: http://new.marketwire.com/rss/BreakingN ... nglish.xml

I am looking for stock ticker, which is 3 or 4 digit alfa sign.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 am

Otonicara wrote:How can I check which mnemonics can be used in certain feed.

What do you mean by "check"?

Otonicara

Postby Otonicara » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:06 pm

I would like to know if stock ticker is within rss feed metadata? Probabyl I need to open xml file somehow (idea welcome) to see columns. Is any other way to see which metadata is in certain feed - metadata fields names as it will be in ini file?

It would be very appreciate VB code sample for exporting Title, Description and ticker (or any other metadata) to Access. I assume I have to make a hook file which is calling vb file. Probably I can write in vb file clasical vb code to logon to access and perform sql statement. I do not know how to reference fields in order to read data from ini file. VB code sample would be of great use ..

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Otonicara wrote:I would like to know if stock ticker is within rss feed metadata?

If the stock codes are embedded in the XML using custom (i.e. non-RSS) tags, you can use metadata modules to extract them. If they're in the item titles or descriptions, you can use feed item filters to highlight them in the item pane.

Otonicara wrote:It would be very appreciate VB code sample for exporting Title, Description and ticker (or any other metadata) to Access. I assume I have to make a hook file which is calling vb file.

That's right. Unfortunately, we don't have any sample code for doing database access but you can look at the <tt>LogChannelActivity</tt> hook in the <tt>ChannelHooks</tt> sub-directory for an example on how to write a hook.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”