oliver

Postby oliver » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 am

support wrote:
oliver wrote:7. In some blogs, IE pops up a dialog telling me about some scripting error on the page I'm trying to view. I've never seen this in any other RSS reader that rely on the IE ActiveX control, so I guess there must be a way to suppress that message.

Probably. If anyone knows how, could they please let me know :oops:

Well, I'd really love if something could be done about this. I've seen a follow-up effect twice now: After that window popped up, before I could hit any of the yes/no buttons, Awasu just hung. Nothing happened at all and the program was eating all my CPU. When I finally tried clicking somewhere in the program or the (open on top) scripting error window, the Awasu window went suddenly completely white! I had no choice but to kill the process after letting it run for a few minutes. I can't be sure this has to bo with the message box about the scripting, but in both cases where this happened, the message box had just been shown.

I can send you a feed address where this message comes up, if you need it.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:12 am

There is a known issue in 2.1 where a combination of bugs in Windows and some web servers can cause these symptoms. An emergency patch for 2.1 was released here. The fix was also included in 2.1.1.

If you are already running one of these patched versions, please post the feed URL and I'll take a look at it.

oliver

Postby oliver » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:48 pm

I'm running version 2.1.1. One feed where the script error dialog pops up several times whenever I select an article is this:

http://www.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss

The issue with the white window and the crash is not reliably reproducible at this point. I have seen it twice and both times it happened just after the error dialog popped up. I can't be sure it really has to do with each other.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:36 pm

oliver wrote:One feed where the script error dialog pops up several times whenever I select an article is this:

http://www.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss

What version of Windows and IE are you running? I'm not getting any errors.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”