vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Fri May 06, 2005 12:09 am

Should I have created the DEBUG.INI file in C:\Program Files\Awasu\ ? I put it in C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users. I'm wondering now if that is correct.

The same problem I've been having cropped up again today, but I don't have anything in my Awasu.log file. :(

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri May 06, 2005 1:49 pm

vinyl-junkie wrote:Should I have created the DEBUG.INI file in C:\Program Files\Awasu\ ? I put it in C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users. I'm wondering now if that is correct.

You've put it in the wrong place :-) If you open C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users in Explorer, you will see a sub-directory that has the same name as what you use to log onto Windows (if there's only one directory, then that's the one you want). Move the DEBUG.INI file to this directory and restart Awasu.

FYI, I've already added a feature for the next release that tracks these automatic URL changes (if that is, in fact, what's happening) and lets you reverse them.

vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Sat May 07, 2005 4:52 pm

Well, I've finally trapped a couple of these problems. Here's what is in my DEBUG.INI file. Hope it helps.

[MessageLog]
HttpActivity=1
HttpHeaders=1

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 07, 2005 8:01 pm

vinyl-junkie wrote:Here's what is in my DEBUG.INI file.

We'll get there eventually :-)

The DEBUG.INI file is what *you* set up to get Awasu to log what's happening. The actual log messages will be saved in C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME\Logs\Awasu.log; this is what I need to see. It will probably be quite big so you might need to email it to me rather than post it here.

vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Sat May 07, 2005 10:39 pm

Yep, we're definitely getting there. :) PM sent with the Awasu.log file contents.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 08, 2005 5:55 am

As I suspected, Awasu is being told that the feed has moved. I can't tell you why this is happening. I've subscribed to your feeds and haven't seen it happen but it's probably a very transient thing.

You can tell Awasu to ignore these requests to change the feed URL. Delete everything you've got in your DEBUG.INI right now and replace it with this:

Code: Select all

[Debug]
DisablePermanentRedirectRssChannelUrlUpdates=1

You don't have many channels so doing this shouldn't be a problem.

vinyl-junkie

Postby vinyl-junkie » Sun May 08, 2005 6:11 am

OK, I've made the change to my DEBUG.INI file. Sounds like I might actually have this problem solved now. Thanks so very much for all your help! It is very much appreciated. ::-):

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 08, 2005 6:43 am

vinyl-junkie wrote:Sounds like I might actually have this problem solved now.

Not only that, you got a new feature added to Awasu: the ability to ignore and revert any changed URL's :-)

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”