Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:32 am

How do I modify the following using the Wordpress teamplate as my basis:

Make the Workpad title right align?
Change the time format to a 24 hour?
Change the text that currently states "SEARCH RESULTS"?
Booboo

Booboo

Postby Booboo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Correction I am using MT-GeorgiaBlue template as my starting point.
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 pm

First a caveat about tweaking template files. Most of the </tt>.TEMPLATE</tt> files work by using the <tt>{%INCLUDE%}</tt> directive to insert copies of the specified file into the report output. This allows multiple templates to share the same underlying logic (stored in the include files) and control their own individual appearance solely through the use of CSS. However, changing these include files has two consequences:

(*) your changes will affect all templates that use them.
(*) your changes will be lost when you next install a version of Awasu (since the files will be overwritten by the ones in the new release).

The best way to deal with this is to create your own <tt>.TEMPLATE</tt> that doesn't use the <tt>{%INCLUDE%}</tt> directive. You can do this by manually "processing" the <tt>{%INCLUDE%}</tt> directives youself:

(*) Make a copy of the <tt>WordPress.template</tt> file and call it something else e.g. <tt>booboo.template</tt>.
(*) Open it up in Notepad and every time you see a <tt>{%INCLUDE% xyz}</tt> line, replace that line with the contents of the <tt>xyz</tt> file.

You will end up with a single, rather large file that you can now modify without having to worry about the 2 issues described above.

Booboo wrote:Make the Workpad title right align?
The title is contained in a <tt>DIV</tt> block that has an ID of <tt>title</tt> so you need something like this in your CSS:

Code: Select all

#title { text-align: right ; }

Booboo wrote:Change the time format to a 24 hour?

In the <tt>StandardBanner.include</tt> file, there is a <tt>{%REPORT-TIME%}</tt> directive that has a <tt>format</tt> parameter. The format uses the standard <tt>strftime</tt> syntax.

Booboo wrote:Change the text that currently states "SEARCH RESULTS"?

What you're seeing here is the channel name so the easiest way would be to change the name of your channels :-) If you want to remove them, you can delete the following lines from <tt>StandardContent.include</tt>:

{%!GROUP-ITEMS-BY-CHANNEL%}
            {%?CHANNEL-METADATA% name} <span>({%@%})</span> {%ENDIF%}
        {%ENDIF%}

You could also do it in CSS like this:

.itemChannelName { display: none ; }

Finally, while I've said several times "change this in file XYZ", don't actually change file XYZ, change your own new <tt>.TEMPLATE</tt> file.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:21 pm

support wrote:You can do this by manually "processing" the <tt>{%INCLUDE%}</tt> directives youself:

(*) Make a copy of the <tt>WordPress.template</tt> file and call it something else e.g. <tt>booboo.template</tt>.
(*) Open it up in Notepad and every time you see a <tt>{%INCLUDE% xyz}</tt> line, replace that line with the contents of the <tt>xyz</tt> file.

FYI, the next version of Awasu (2.3.5.alpha1) will contain a Python script that does all this for you.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”