Otonicara

Postby Otonicara » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:28 pm

.. again session problem... Bellow is related to "Channel Generated from search result: NO NewFeedItem=1"

After a while I am beck to my PC. I left Awasu runing for two days and there are only update lines in logfile for Channel created from Search results. Key word was "of" on Title. There were many new Titles coming in two days however non generated New Item tag in search from channel log file..

There must be something wrong with my Awasu or there must be some setup trick to make this working or .....

I am using Awasu Proffesional Editon 2.3. I have instolled Awasu once again but it didnt help ider..

Could you provide me the same Awasu copy you are using..

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Otonicara wrote:.. again session problem...

Are you leaving your browser window open for long periods of time? Refresh the page, or try logging out and back in.

Otonicara wrote:Key word was "of" on Title.

Um, you're searching for the single word "of"? Have you tried running the search manually? "of" is a stop-word i.e. it is ignored by the search index.

Otonicara

Postby Otonicara » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 pm

I choose "of" word is it is very common and therfore probability is very high that news Title will const this word. Awasu find many Articles with "of" keyword however non of articles triger New Item tag in hook. There are constantly only update tags ..

Look my example from the past bellow. New news was feeded from RSS source and the news was also found in Search from Channels channel. Look timing. This was new news feede at round 13:04:56. On C2 we have round this time only update tags... Something strange is goind on here... What is considered as new news? When new new arrived in oroginal channel and at the same time C2 channel is seeking for new feeds.. This is as I see neve done the same time..

I glad to here that this supose to work. The question is what is different between my and yours set up? Please send me link to the intallation ypu are using (Awasu Proffessional).

I will try also with othe word than of but I can tell you the result will be the same as Awasu found new articles (there was on screen) only this articales did not trigger New Article tag in hook log..

LOG: C1
[NewFeedItem]
ItemId=21653
ExternalItemId=
ItemTitle=Media Advisory/REMINDER: Government of Canada%0A*0
ItemUrl=http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=894902&sourceType=3
TimeCreated=1220353468
ItemFingerprint=a3c023d54ecdf440feb86833f7278bd1
ItemMetadata=<value>Media Advisory/REMINDER: Government of Canada</value><group><value>http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=894902&sourceType=3</value></group><value>1220353200</value>
ItemLink1_Uri=http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=894902&sourceType=3
ItemLink1_RelType=
ItemLink1_Title=
ItemLink1_MediaType=
ItemLink1_LanguageTag=
ItemLink1_Size=0
ItemContent1_MediaType=
ItemContent1_LanguageTag=en
ItemContent1_Content=CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Sept 2, 2008) - The Honourable Monte Solberg, Minister of Human Resources and Social Development, and the Honourable Hector Goudreau, Alberta Minister of Employment and Immigration and Minister Responsible for the Francophone Secretariat and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Dunvegan-Central Peace, will announce a significant new investment to address skilled labour shortages in the Alberta labour market.%0A%0AMinister Solberg and Minister Goudreau will be available to respond to questions from the media following the announcement.%0A%0A
MarkedUpDescription=CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Sept 2, 2008) - The Honourable Monte Solberg, Minister of Human Resources and Social Development, and the Honourable Hector Goudreau, Alberta Minister of Employment and Immigration and Minister Responsible for the Francophone Secretariat and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Dunvegan-Central Peace, will announce a significant new investment to address skilled labour shortages in the Alberta labour market.%0A%0AMinister Solberg and Minister Goudreau will be available to respond to questions from the media following the announcement.%0A%0A%0A*0
PlainTextDescription=CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Sept 2, 2008) - The Honourable Monte Solberg, Minister of Human Resources and Social Development, and the Honourable Hector Goudreau, Alberta Minister of Employment and Immigration and Minister Responsible for the Francophone Secretariat and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Dunvegan-Central Peace, will announce a significant new investment to address skilled labour shortages in the Alberta labour market.%0A%0AMinister Solberg and Minister Goudreau will be available to respond to questions from the media following the announcement.%0A%0A
02sep08 13:04:55 | --- END CONFIG FILE ---
02sep08 13:04:56 | EVENT: ConsolidatedNewFeedItems
02sep08 13:04:56 | --- BEGIN CONFIG FILE ---

LOG: C2
02sep08 13:04:27 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:04:48 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:11:14 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:11:26 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:16:55 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:17:06 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:22:26 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:22:28 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:27:40 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:27:41 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:32:53 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:32:54 | EVENT: EndChannelUpdate
02sep08 13:38:45 | EVENT: BeginChannelUpdate

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:53 pm

The stuff you posted in the other thread is not consistent.

Your C2 log only shows a bunch of Begin/EndChannelUpdate events but the .HOOK file is registering for NewFeedItem events. Since the .HOOK does not register for Begin/EndChannelUpdate events, they will not appear in the log file, but since they are, it therefore follows that the .HOOK file you gave does not correspond with the log file you gave.

I strongly suspect what's happening is that the .HOOK file you're *really* using is only registering for Begin/EndChannelUpdate events, hence that's the only time your script gets called i.e. *not* when new feed items arrive, hence nothing gets put into your database.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”