jdrietz

Postby jdrietz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:04 am

Is it possible to show summaries of each item in the feed item view?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:46 am

jdrietz wrote:Is it possible to show summaries of each item in the feed item view?

It'd be redundant. The summaries are shown in the browser pane already.

jdrietz

Postby jdrietz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:45 pm

I'll take that as a "no" ;-)

The reason I ask: if I am viewing, or have just finished viewing, a webpage in the browser window, I would like to be able to scoll through the feed item view and read summaries so that I can select the next item I wish to read. Many RSS aggregators have this functionality (though obviously they lack many of Awasu's!)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:32 pm

jdrietz wrote:The reason I ask: if I am viewing, or have just finished viewing, a webpage in the browser window, I would like to be able to scoll through the feed item view and read summaries so that I can select the next item I wish to read.

I know where you're coming from but it's a fundamental difference in the way you read feeds in Awasu to other readers.

Other readers use an email-style of interface where you basically read one item at a time but this is quite slow. Awasu is designed to let you get through lots of content very quickly, hence the summary of each channel's content which is much better for quick scanning.

Personally, I work *extremely* fast on the computer and if I want to open an item, I'll open it in an external browser and be scanning the next channel while it's loading :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”