View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Post Channel report - automated run time
Hi,

If I set 'automatically run the report' to 'day' what is the rule at which time each day the report is run?

Thanks,
Marc

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:41 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Channel report - automated run time
zakky wrote:
If I set 'automatically run the report' to 'day' what is the rule at which time each day the report is run?

There is none :-) It means that the report is run every 24 hours.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 am
Profile WWW

there must be some logic at which time it is run every day. it looks like its executed every new day when awasu is started. at least today it performed the task after i had my computer started.

Say i keep running my pc it would be nice to be able to set a time each day the report should be generated and emailed to recipients.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 am
Site Admin

zakky wrote:
there must be some logic at which time it is run every day. it looks like its executed every new day when awasu is started. at least today it performed the task after i had my computer started.

No, Awasu records the last time a report was run and once 24 hours has passed, runs it again. However, if Awasu is not running at the time, it obviously can't run the report.

What's probably happening is that after you start Awasu in the morning, the next scheduled run time has already passed so Awasu runs the report straight away after starting up.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

zakky wrote:
Say i keep running my pc it would be nice to be able to set a time each day the report should be generated and emailed to recipients.

BTW, if you leave Awasu running all the time, the reports will get run every 24 hours.

A feature to configure reports to run at certain times on certain days has been added to The List, although it will suffer the same problem of not being able to happen if Awasu is not running at the time.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 am
Profile WWW

I see, so there is a rule... every 24 hours, starting the time you last run a report manually.

Yes, that Awasu has to run is obvious, no problem on that hand, however, I do need the feature you mentioned. If one of my employees runs a report manually that would cause future reports to be run in sequence to that time, which is bad. It would really be necessary to be able to instruct awasu to deliver the reports each day/week at a given time (when running).

I am looking forward to the implementation of that feature, thank you!

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:20 am
Site Admin

zakky wrote:
If one of my employees runs a report manually that would cause future reports to be run in sequence to that time, which is bad.

Until we can get the next version out, you might want to create a copy of the report that the user can manually run without affecting the timestamp of the automatically-generated one.

I might be able to whip up a hacked-up version that doesn't reset a report's timestamp if it's manually run. What version and edition of Awasu are you running?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 am
Profile WWW

I am using Awasu 2.4, your newest release.

Thanks very much for the offer of providing a hack. However, I think I can wait until you have added the feature to be able to set a fix execution time. But I really think this would be a most helpful feature.

Thanks for your help.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 am
Site Admin

I think I can wait until you have added the feature to be able to set a fix execution time.

Can you shoot me an email and tell me what edition and version of Awasu you are using. I've got an experimental version for you to have a play with that lets reports be run at set times.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]