User avatar
Stargazer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:32 pm

Postby Stargazer » Thu May 01, 2003 1:07 pm

I just installed 1.0.3 (was using the prior 1.0.1) I noticed that that Awasu logo in the taskbar has changed to a yellow background. I like this LESS than the plain black character - it was sooooooooo cool. I also relied on seeing the animation of the character redrawing, because when it stopped I knew that awasu was done updating (and more system resources are free). Now it's a static icon. :cry: I like the animation.

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Fri May 02, 2003 5:31 am

Stargazer wrote: I noticed that that Awasu logo in the taskbar has changed to a yellow background. I like this LESS than the plain black character - it was sooooooooo cool.


I actually like the new orange icon - it's a lot stronger than the old one but a few people have said that they prefer the old one.

You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time...

Sigh... :-(

Stargazer wrote:I also relied on seeing the animation of the character redrawing, because when it stopped I knew that awasu was done updating (and more system resources are free). Now it's a static icon. :cry: I like the animation.


The animation is still there (and uses the old-style icon - I haven't got around to updating it yet). Make sure that you have the appropriate channel settings turned on. Also, the way that the animation is stopped and started was changed in 1.0.3 - it won't happen if Awasu is the active window which is probably why you're not seeing it.

User avatar
Stargazer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:32 pm

Postby Stargazer » Fri May 02, 2003 11:29 am

support wrote:
Stargazer wrote: I noticed that that Awasu logo in the taskbar has changed to a yellow background. I like this LESS than the plain black character - it was sooooooooo cool.


I actually like the new orange icon - it's a lot stronger than the old one but a few people have said that they prefer the old one.

You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time...

Sigh... :-(


-This is true. :)

Stargazer wrote:I also relied on seeing the animation of the character redrawing, because when it stopped I knew that awasu was done updating (and more system resources are free). Now it's a static icon. :cry: I like the animation.

support wrote:The animation is still there (and uses the old-style icon - I haven't got around to updating it yet). Make sure that you have the appropriate channel settings turned on. Also, the way that the animation is stopped and started was changed in 1.0.3 - it won't happen if Awasu is the active window which is probably why you're not seeing it.


OK that's probably why. I'll start it up this a.m. and make it the inactive window.

User avatar
Stargazer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:32 pm

Postby Stargazer » Sat May 03, 2003 10:26 am

Hi, sorry to bring it up again. It's not a critical thing, just something I kind of relied on with 1.0.1.

I saw the redraw of the character working while awasu was in the background. I made awasu foreground, and when I put it in the background again, the redraw stopped working (even though updates weren't done).

Just wanted to say that it's nice to be able to see when it's still finding/all done finding updates. The redraw in 1.0.1 was the thing I could quickly look at to tell. Now I just have no idea when it's done.

Is anyone else seeing this too?

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Sun May 04, 2003 4:49 am

Stargazer wrote:Just wanted to say that it's nice to be able to see when it's still finding/all done finding updates. The redraw in 1.0.1 was the thing I could quickly look at to tell. Now I just have no idea when it's done.


The animation is not an indicator that Awasu is doing updates. It is used to tell you when new content has been found on a channel. It can be turned on and off for each channel individually.

I use it for those channels that I am most interested in and want to know when there is new content. So if I'm away from my desk, when I come back and the tray icon is animating, I know that something new has arrived.

User avatar
Stargazer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:32 pm

Postby Stargazer » Mon May 05, 2003 3:48 am

Oh.......ok. Well now I know how it's supposed to work, rather than how I expect it to work based on prior experience with it as a newbie. Thanks!


Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests