nikoshr

Postby nikoshr » Tue May 06, 2003 10:07 am

Hello,

I'm quite new to RSS so please forgive any stupid question.

First, is there a reason I can't place a feed on a port other than 80? Just wondering because I built a feed and had a hard time figuring why Awasu kept telling me it was not a RSS feed :oops: . A tweak in the DNS entries and the Apache conf did the trick, but, you know....

Second, I moved the feed behind a restricted area and I never get challenged for a login/password, thus resulting in a 401 error. Have all the feeds to be public or are there plans for Awasu to support such things?

Third, I did not try it, but does Awasu support SSL transfers?

I hope those questions make sense and congratulations for the great work.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue May 06, 2003 2:37 pm

nikoshr wrote:First, is there a reason I can't place a feed on a port other than 80?

There's no reason why it *has* to be on port 80. But that's where it's usually placed since it's all done using HTTP. I can't confirm this for you since I'm away overseas right now but it might work if you specify the port number in the feed URL.

nikoshr wrote:Second, I moved the feed behind a restricted area and I never get challenged for a login/password, thus resulting in a 401 error. Have all the feeds to be public or are there plans for Awasu to support such things?

Right now authentication is not supported so yes, feeds have to public. However, Awasu is being developed as a corporate tool and so will support this kind of thing very soon.

nikoshr wrote:Third, I did not try it, but does Awasu support SSL transfers?

Again, not right now but the corporate version will.

nikoshr wrote:I hope those questions make sense and congratulations for the great work.

Thanks. Glad you like it :-)

nikoshr

Postby nikoshr » Tue May 06, 2003 2:45 pm

support wrote:
nikoshr wrote:First, is there a reason I can't place a feed on a port other than 80?

There's no reason why it *has* to be on port 80. But that's where it's usually placed since it's all done using HTTP. I can't confirm this for you since I'm away overseas right now but it might work if you specify the port number in the feed URL.

The URL I used was along the lines of http://10.0.0.4:8880/feed.rss. Changed to http://server/feed.rss, it worked.

support wrote:
nikoshr wrote:Second, I moved the feed behind a restricted area and I never get challenged for a login/password, thus resulting in a 401 error. Have all the feeds to be public or are there plans for Awasu to support such things?

Right now authentication is not supported so yes, feeds have to public. However, Awasu is being developed as a corporate tool and so will support this kind of thing very soon.

Good.

support wrote:
nikoshr wrote:Third, I did not try it, but does Awasu support SSL transfers?

Again, not right now but the corporate version will.

Good too.

Thanks for the answers

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”