jrmarino

Postby jrmarino » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi, after more than 4 years, my company recalled my trusty (and still functioning really well) Thinkpad T42, and issued me a Lenovo T400. I did pretty well at remembering to export settings in my software across the board for the time that I needed to reinstall the software.

Unfortunately, I forgot to do this for Awasu.
Fortunately, I have the T42 hard disk, which I should be able to use as an external drive.

Given that, are there any files that I can copy from the T42 to the T400's awasu installation directory to recover the channel definitions? That's what I mostly care about.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Assuming that you are running the same version of Awasu on both computers, and assuming there's nothing in your Awasu on the new computer you want to keep...

(*) If you haven't do so already, run Awasu on the new computer, and then exit. This will set up your data files and directories.
(*) Locate the roaming and local data directories on the new computer and replace them with the corresponding directories from the old one.

jrmarino

Postby jrmarino » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi, the versions were the same, but the data wasn't located in the same place. The T42 was upgraded to version 2.4 while the T400 was installed with 2.4.

The T42 data location was:
\program files\Awasu\Users\{username}\

I just split the data there appropriately to the app data folders mentioned in your link and all is working well, thanks.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”