keepfeed

Postby keepfeed » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 am

I recognise your reasonable intent to promote sales by displaying the box inviting one to upgrade from the free edition when you open Awasu but having it display every time and for a hugely excessive time is very annoying especially on a small screen where everything else becomes virtually unusable throughout.

Can you be persuaded to allow this to be turned off completely? It does p*ss me off. Awasu is so good surely it sells itself to anyone who is liable to be interested in an upgrade, anyway?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm

The balloon goes away by itself after 30 seconds. As I mentioned in another post, Awasu is intended for power users so if the balloon is taking up a relatively large part of your screen, you have to keep in mind that netbooks with small screens are not really Awasu's target environment.

The easiest way to get rid of the balloon is to upgrade to one of the paid versions. This post contains a discussion about why you might want to do that, even if you don't need the features.

keepfeed

Postby keepfeed » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Fair answer all of which is totally reasonable including what is said in all of the linked entries embedded beyond that but I do think displaying your balloon for 30 seconds is way over the top. Also USD 35 just to stop that is a bit expensive. Having read your reply and all the links does not persuade me because the only reason I would have for upgrading is to avoid that annoyance 30 seconds per day!

Not your problem, but in my view, the standard of the news media is appalling. I read the headlines under sufferance because some news is important. However, it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. No I am not interested in your plug-in to monitor on a keyword because I will then have to spend all my time revising those keywords. At the moment, Libya might be one of them, tomorrow it may also have to be Bahrain etc. But not forever, otherwise I am liable to get details about holidays in Tripoli. I am sure you get the point.

No, Awasu is far too good for me but as I have said I do like the GUI. Every other feed reader I have tried has a GUI which is rubbish, except some under Firefox. I stopped using that because of too many bugs and new versions far too frequently all of which introduced new bugs every time.

In Oz, do you get nearly ten rubbish feeds per channel every day on Kate and William? (Rhetorical) If not, with UK news feeds one tends to. We all know they are getting married, where and when and that ought to be enough. Same with everything. Because of that and for other reasons, there is a huge amount of rubbish generally on the Internet making its use often a chore. I hate it but nonetheless have to use it or go back to living in a cave. I used to be a project manger in IT and hated that for similar reasons. Most systems full of design flaws or shortcomings unless I designed them and full of bugs unless I programmed them. No good at marketing so I was forced to work for companies who thrived on complacency, incompetence and industrial politics. However I am 77 now and retired, so only problems... well you do not want to hear about that!

This request, like on right click was just a case of nothing ventured nothing gained. I am not too surprised to have been unsuccessful.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”