tabletguy

Postby tabletguy » Mon May 28, 2007 12:29 pm

I am looking for an RSS reader that will log onto phpBB before getting the RSS information. Different forums are visible to different users, depending on their group membership.

The RSS plugin I have installed on my test system generates different RSS values when logged in versus not logged in, when looked at directly in a browser.

I did a quick search here, but didn't see any topic titles that talked about phpBB or registration.

tabletguy

Postby tabletguy » Mon May 28, 2007 12:34 pm

ha! Just after posting, instead of searching, I looked at the top menu bar, where it lists "Feeds". You guys are using a feed that I hadn't found in my search.

Am I correct that this one supports phpBB and that it will essentially do what I want, although the other way round? (By providing a customized feed url specific to the individual, with log in credentials, etc?

Thanks!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon May 28, 2007 12:48 pm

tabletguy wrote:Am I correct that this one supports phpBB and that it will essentially do what I want, although the other way round? (By providing a customized feed url specific to the individual, with log in credentials, etc?

You''re asking for two different things but yes, the RSS module we're using allows for customized URL's

On the client side, Awasu will also do what you want. If the user logs in to phpBB first, they will then be able to access private forums.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”