Peter Gullberg

Postby Peter Gullberg » Fri May 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Hello,

There are some obvious thing that Awasu lacks, or that I missed:
* It's very annoying that the "topic" disappears immediately, if ticked "show only unread", they should disappear when changing feed.
* Is it possible to remove feeds, that doesn't contain information
* Is it possible to filter feeds, making it possible to have many feeds active, but only reading certain "keyword" selected feeds?
* Is it possible to have Awasu to "buffer", making it possible to read offline?
* When I'm in a configuration dialog, I got constant messages from the desktop icon about the different feed he was checking, is that normal?

Rgds
Peter Gullberg
junkmejl63@hotmail.com

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 15, 2004 3:37 am

G'day.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter Gullberg wrote:* It's very annoying that the "topic" disappears immediately, if ticked "show only unread", they should disappear when changing feed.

Why do you want it to stay? It seems a little odd. If I have a channel configured to show unread items only, then once I've read an item, I don't want to know about it anymore.

Peter Gullberg wrote:* Is it possible to remove feeds, that doesn't contain information

I'm writing a feature today for the next beta that will highlight channels that you might want to delete e.g. haven't been updated in a long time, you don't read very often, don't seem to be around any more etc.

Peter Gullberg wrote:* Is it possible to filter feeds, making it possible to have many feeds active, but only reading certain "keyword" selected feeds?

The next beta will start archiving content, the beta after that will provide a more sophisticated search. Once we have that in, we will offer search agents that monitor the incoming content and look for topics that you are interested in. This is something that we've had planned for ages now :-)

Peter Gullberg wrote:* Is it possible to have Awasu to "buffer", making it possible to read offline?

This is also a planned feature but the other stuff takes priority right now. Only twenty-four hours in a day :whip: :-(

Peter Gullberg wrote:* When I'm in a configuration dialog, I got constant messages from the desktop icon about the different feed he was checking, is that normal?

Are you talking about the balloons? These are notifications about new items that have been received, not channels being checked. You can turn these off for each channel in the Channel Properties dialog or globally in the Program Options.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”