Page 1 of 1

Keyboard Shortcut for "Mark All As Read"?

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:33 pm
by GB
Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Mark all as read"? I looked around and could not find it - right now I think the only way to do it is from a right-click shortcut in the item pane.

I think that this keyboard shortcut is essential, since often after reading the summary, I want to mark everything in the channel as read.

Also, I think that you should be able to right-click on the channel in the left hand channel list and also be able to chose "Mark All As Read"

Great program! Keep up the good work!

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for "Mark All As Read"?

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:24 pm
by support
GB wrote:Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Mark all as read"? I looked around and could not find it - right now I think the only way to do it is from a right-click shortcut in the item pane.


It is possible to create your own keyboard shortcuts from the Tools, Customize dialog but unfortunately it only works for items in the main menu, not right-click menus. I will try to address this in the next release.

GB wrote:Also, I think that you should be able to right-click on the channel in the left hand channel list and also be able to chose "Mark All As Read"

Next release.

GB wrote:Great program! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :-)

Mark all as read

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:53 pm
by Mark Levison
I can't even 'Mark all as read' in the menus or context menu's. Where should be looking. I'm running 1.0.2b on Windows XP.

Mark Levison

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:44 pm
by support
If you cannot see any of the new menu options or keyboard accelerators, stop Awasu (making sure it has finished) and run the ResetUi.exe program in the installation directory. This simply deletes Awasu's registry key so if you're happy running regedit, you can do that instead.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way UI customizations are worked. It will be done by the installer for the next general release but for betas, you have to take care of this yourself :-(

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:26 pm
by Guest
support wrote:If you cannot see any of the new menu options or keyboard accelerators, stop Awasu (making sure it has finished) and run the ResetUi.exe program in the installation directory. This simply deletes Awasu's registry key so if you're happy running regedit, you can do that instead.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way UI customizations are worked. It will be done by the installer for the next general release but for betas, you have to take care of this yourself :-(


I'm not sure your reply was to me (Mark Levison). If it is, then 1.0.2 is the only version I've ever installed. As per your suggestion I just deleted the registry key (manually) and still no "mark all as read".

Thanks
Mark Levison

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:21 pm
by Guest
[edit]From Support. Sigh... :oops: [/edit]

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure your reply was to me (Mark Levison).

Sorry, yes it was.

Anonymous wrote:If it is, then 1.0.2 is the only version I've ever installed. As per your suggestion I just deleted the registry key (manually) and still no "mark all as read".


This is puzzling. Do you have "Mark as read"? And are you talking about in the Edit menu or the context menu when you right-click in the item pane i.e. the top part of a channel's window?

To run 1.0.2, you need to have installed 1.0, then 1.0.1 and then 1.0.2. You've done this, right? Somebody else reported this but we tracked it down to him having installed 1.0.1 and then going back to 1.0 and then installing 1.0.1 again. Or so we thought... :-)

Awasu writes out to the registry when it shuts down so you need to make sure it has gone before deleting the registry key. This can take a while even after the main window has closed so you *must* use Task Manager to determine when it really has finished (I'm going to fix this Real Soon (tm)).

The other thing to try is install 1.0, run it, check what's in the menus, exit, make sure it's gone, repeat for 1.0.1 and then 1.0.2. A pain but I'm a bit stumped as to what this might be.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The customizable menus and toolbars and keyboard shortcuts are a really cool feature but are handled by a third-party toolkit.

HTH

1.0.2

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:14 pm
by Mark Levison
My mistake. I assumed since I download Awasu after the 1.0.2 Beta, that I was running 1.0.2. I've upgraded and found the Mark All as read. Thanks for the help.

Mark

Re: 1.0.2

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:17 pm
by support
Mark Levison wrote:My mistake. I assumed since I download Awasu after the 1.0.2 Beta, that I was running 1.0.2. I've upgraded and found the Mark All as read.


No worries. 1.0.3 will be out next week so you'll be able to do it all over again. <b>Lots</b> of new menu items and keyboard shortcuts! :-)

it still doesn't work properly in 2.1.1

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:00 am
by Eddy
Hi,

I've assigned Ctrl-R to "Mark all as read". It shows in the menu and not in the right mous click menu, but the most important thing is that when I press Ctrl-R, nothing happens in any window, whatever I select.
It seems that the Add to Read-me list is executed, although I've unassigned to key to it. I base this on the fact that this menu item shows incorrectly in the edit menu.

Eddy

Re: it still doesn't work properly in 2.1.1

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:23 am
by support
Ctrl-R was retired as a keyboard shortcut in <strike>2.1.1</strike> 2.1.2 (and replace with Ctrl-W).

It sounds like your customizations might have gotten a bit confused. You can run ResetUi.exe (in the Awasu installation directory) to reset everything, although this will cause you to lose any other UI customizations you have already made.

Tried it, but ...

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:34 am
by Eddy
it doesn't work. It only deleted my Ctrl-R assignment. I've made a screendump if you want it. Do I send it to the support mail address?

Re: Tried it, but ...

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:52 am
by support
ResetUi will definitely reset *everything* back to their defaults.

You can send a screenshot to support@awasu.com or PM me here.

Re: Tried it, but ...

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:30 am
by support
I made a misteak above: Ctrl-R was retired in 2.1.2, not 2.1.1

I've also confirmed your problem as a bug - I'll see what I can do.

Did you know

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:21 am
by Eddy
That if I try to assign Ctrl-Shift-R to Mark all read, it says Assigned to '?????'. It has been taken (by what?) but it doesn't to determine to what.