squeg

Postby squeg » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:28 pm

I'm not sure if this is a feature request or a bug report. I've noticed that if you open several tabs the tab bar scrolls to reveal the new tabs and obscure earlier tabs. However, when closing tabs, the tab bar does not scroll back to fill the available space. This can leave you with one visible tab and a large number of invisible tabs scrolled off to left so that as you close remaining tabs it appears that other tabs are popping out of nowhere.

Now that i've identified the behavior, it's not so confusing, but I'm sure it can cause novice user to "lose" their windows. In either case, it would certainly be more useful and intuitive to show as many tabs as possible at all times, rather than having a large empty field on the tab bar while hiding several tabs.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:01 am

squeg wrote:I'm not sure if this is a feature request or a bug report. I've noticed that if you open several tabs the tab bar scrolls to reveal the new tabs and obscure earlier tabs. However, when closing tabs, the tab bar does not scroll back to fill the available space. This can leave you with one visible tab and a large number of invisible tabs scrolled off to left so that as you close remaining tabs it appears that other tabs are popping out of nowhere.

This looks like a problem with the third-party GUI toolkit we use - I'll report it to them.

I have a wide-screen monitor so I don't notice it :-)

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”