Nigelino

Postby Nigelino » Wed May 17, 2006 5:49 pm

I use a VPN (Checkpoint VPN-1 SecureClient) which blocks [broadband] access to the internet until I disconnect again. I get the "0404 no page available" or "can't update the feed" whenever AWASU tries to update the feed.
These error messages are not strictly correct. I think the software should look to see if there is Internet access available and either give out a correct messge or, better still, postpone updates until such access is available.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 17, 2006 9:26 pm

Nigelino wrote:I think the software should look to see if there is Internet access available and either give out a correct messge or, better still, postpone updates until such access is available.

It does. Open the Program Options dialog, go to the Advanced tab and make sure <i>Auto-detect an Internet connection</i> is ticked.

Nigelino

Postby Nigelino » Thu May 18, 2006 8:40 am

That seems to work, but if I forget to disable my VPN (after logging off at work) and then do a manual refresh, I still get:
"Can't update the feed - HTTP 404 not found."
I am using Firefox but I have tried with IE as well. Is this a browser or AWASU problem?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 18, 2006 9:11 am

Nigelino wrote:That seems to work, but if I forget to disable my VPN (after logging off at work) and then do a manual refresh, I still get:
"Can't update the feed - HTTP 404 not found."
I am using Firefox but I have tried with IE as well. Is this a browser or AWASU problem?

If you don't disable the VPN, it seems that IE will not be able to access the net. Is that the case? If so, then neither will Awasu :-)

Nigelino

Postby Nigelino » Thu May 18, 2006 9:57 am

I did realize that.
I really meant I get "Http not found" instead of "No Internet access available". It's not an important difference, when the site is known, but for new sites of sites that have moved, it can be. Since you have a feature to detect the availability of Internet Access it should be simple to check this before launching access to any site.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”