View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Post Change feed URL
Is there any way to change a feed's URL? I can't find one. If there's a configuration file that can be edited with a text editor, that would be ok, too, but it's a drag to delete the changed feeds and set them up again when only the URL has changed.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:46 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Post Re: Change feed URL
targon wrote:
Is there any way to change a feed's URL?

There used to be a technical reason why it can't be changed but I think it's no longer relevant. I'll look into enabling it to be changed.

In the meantime, you can change it manually like this:

- Exit Awasu.
- Find the channel's config file in the Channels sub-directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME\Channels.
- Find the line that starts RssChannelUrl=... and change the URL here.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Thanks. Another request while I'm at settings: It'd be nice if there was an installation-specific base directory for channel plugins, xslt files etc.

I've had these extra files in a directory under "My Documents" (for easier backup), and when I switched to another computer that had a different username, the paths stopped working, of course. I guess this would also be an issue when syncing channels between two computers that have Awasu installed on different directories (if you use the default directories under "Awasu" application directory).

If there was a base directory, and xslt (etc.) paths were saved relative to that, this problem wouldn't exist.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:15 am
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
I guess this would also be an issue when syncing channels between two computers that have Awasu installed on different directories (if you use the default directories under "Awasu" application directory).

Not true. Sync handles the case where Awasu is installed in different places on the two computers. So your base directory is actually the installation directory.

I wasn't kidding when I said that I sweat blood and tears writing it :-)

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:24 am
Profile WWW

support wrote:
Sync handles the case where Awasu is installed in different places on the two computers.

Wow! :-)

Ok, I'll just try to remember to make all my backup skripts back up the Awasu directories, too. Thanks again.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:35 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

targon wrote:
Ok, I'll just try to remember to make all my backup skripts back up the Awasu directories, too.

Alternately, you could move your entire Awasu user directory to be under My Documents. Details here.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]