View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Post Channel Reports: Duplicate existing one
I'm activating new Channel Reports all the time :-)

These new Channel Reports all have the same properties (template, FTP, Interval etc..)

When creating a new Channel Report it would be great to just duplicate and existing one and change the Channel folder and output file setting.

Cheers

Vid

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:25 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Channel Reports: Duplicate existing one
vidconf wrote:
When creating a new Channel Report it would be great to just duplicate and existing one and change the Channel folder and output file setting.

Didn't I send you a version with the new <i>"Create new report from channel folder"</i> item in the My Channels context menu?

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're constantly creating so many new reports. Most people create what they need and then just periodically run them.

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile WWW

support wrote:
vidconf wrote:

Didn't I send you a version with the new <i>"Create new report from channel folder"</i> item in the My Channels context menu?

Yes, I got the new version with the ability to create reports from Channel folder. This feature is a huge time saver.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're constantly creating so many new reports. Most people create what they need and then just periodically run them.

I have many Channel folders. Groups RSS channels by topics.
I create reports on pre-defined schedule for each channel folder for upload to our Intranet.

Currently I have 22 channel folders and I configure new channels folders every week for new topics based on demand from our various departments. Some folders report on competition others on industry news others on our own company internal/external feeds etc..

All my Channel folder reports use the same properties for Interval, FTP, Template file etc..

This new feature to copy and existing Channel report or use for "default" Channel Report settings saves time from having to setup a new report.

Again not mission critical but just a "nice to have"

Cheers

Vid

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:27 am
Site Admin

vidconf wrote:
I configure new channels folders every week for new topics based on demand from our various departments.

Ah OK, I understand. I've been having a think about this and I think it'd be fairly easy to implement.

Coming soon to an alpha release near you... :-)

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]