rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:17 am

There's talk about the currency and validity of blogrolls and how static they have become - who updates them these days, and how often?

Is there as clever Awasu supporter who could write a plugin that would automatically generate a daily blogroll by monitoring which feeds I open, then automatically send it to my blog every day?

That way it would be fresh and reflect what I'm actually reading each day.

maybe an option that automatically generated the file and reminded me to add it to my blog for those where automated ftp can't be done. I suspect Typepad might be one of those.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:26 am

rlmrdl wrote:Is there as clever Awasu supporter who could write a plugin that would automatically generate a daily blogroll by monitoring which feeds I open, then automatically send it to my blog every day?

As you know, a normal blogroll can be generated by using reports and automatically FTP'ing the results to a web server.

If you want to only include channels that you've recently opened, that would require something new. I've been thinking about maybe implementing something like attention.xml that could probably be then tweaked to do what you want. In the short-term, I might be able to whip up a quick little something for you.

rlmrdl

Postby rlmrdl » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:43 am

Thanks Taka

i use the Blogroll tool, I even tweaked it to include the little xml logo beside each link, but yes, the attention thing sounds like what I am talking about. I know how often, or not, I update the blogroll and its original intention was to indicate "what I'm reading" type conenctions.

But if it REALLY reflected what i'm reading, assuming someone thought it was interesting, then it would be meeting its original purpose.

I'll check with Typepad to see if they can enable an automated upload.

Cheers

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”