jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm

This was discussed under a different topic, so I'm bringing here so it might get put on a list of possible new features.

I would like to be able to select a directory/folder and only update the channels in that directory. When asked why this is needed I had a few reasons and here is yet another.

I use channel reports to aggregate numerous feeds and create a rss feed from the report. Then I have various channels set up that read those newly created feeds. The reports have to be run before these channels can be updated. I can't just set schedules for the channels to update at some point after the reports are done because you never know how long the reports will take, so I do it manually at some point. When these channels get updated they send out emails so it takes quite a bit of time to do.

I was also thinking that if the channel reports could send individual emails out similar to SendEmail then I wouldn't need these channels.

Currently when you right click a channel folder you can select Mark All as Read and just the channels in that folder are marked read, it would be nice to selectively update those channels as well. Being able to highlight various channels in numerous folders would be nice too.

Awasu is a great product, and the above is not a deal killer for me but more of suggestion for future enhancements.

Thanks

Jerry

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 31, 2009 1:17 am

jerrymartin wrote:I was also thinking that if the channel reports could send individual emails out similar to SendEmail then I wouldn't need these channels.

They can :-) And it's much nicer since it's template-driven.

jerrymartin wrote:Currently when you right click a channel folder you can select Mark All as Read and just the channels in that folder are marked read, it would be nice to selectively update those channels as well.

I actually started work on adding this but there was a technical issue and I backed it out. But it sounds like you might not need it if you configure your reports to send out the emails instead of getting channels to do it.

jerrymartin wrote:Being able to highlight various channels in numerous folders would be nice too.

Yes, but this unfortunately opens up a rather large can of worms :-(

jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Sun May 31, 2009 4:24 am

They can And it's much nicer since it's template-driven.

Hmmm. I guess I will have to look into it again. Maybe I just found the quickest solution to my problem.

But it sounds like you might not need it if you configure your reports to send out the emails instead of getting channels to do it.

I started with reports but I ran into the problem of not being able to send out individual emails for each article. I used the suggestion I found somewhere in the help docs or forums.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”