jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Sat May 30, 2009 5:27 pm

While I'm being a pain in the *** I'll continue on... Or maybe I'm just using some time while I have some.

I have the need to cancel updates and think that it would be good feature to add some day. Not super important but seeing how I was a GUI guru for 15+ years I thought I would continue to offer my thoughts and oppinions.

I've been in the middle of an update and have had to run out the door and I don't leave my pc running while I'm gone (Energy conservation, security, etc.), so I need to cancel and shut down.

Today, I ran out and put the pc in standby for a while and when I came back I saw that an update had started but because it was in standby mode there was an error on every channel and I had about 300 channels to go. I really wanted to cancel but I couldn't.

Again, just food for thought and maybe a place on the future enhancement list.

Jerry
Last edited by jerrymartin on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 31, 2009 1:21 am

jerrymartin wrote:so I need to cancel and shut down.

Being in the middle of updating a lot of channels won't stop Awasu from exiting.

jerrymartin wrote:because it was in standby mode there was an error on every channel and I had about 300 channels to go.

OK, but is having channels get update errors <i>really</i> a problem?

jerrymartin

Postby jerrymartin » Sun May 31, 2009 4:42 am

OK, but is having channels get update errors really a problem?

In many cases probably not so much, but it is a bit irritating to know that your pc being used for something that should be canceled. Being irritated with software isn't usually a good thing. But you are right I guess I can always just quit the app and relaunch.

Remember its probably just a habit of mine to want to improve a GUI that I think is pretty good already specially one that I use everyday.

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”