sysadmn

Postby sysadmn » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:38 pm

If you set up Proxy Authentication it does not work across sessions. If this is the intent, it should be documented.

To reproduce:
1) Tools->Options->Preferences->Advanced->Proxy Authentication
2) Enter a username and password, then click OK out of all dialogs.
3) Update a channel to verify that the username and password are being used.
4) Exit Awasu. (If you use Awasu as a task bar application, you must end Awasu by right clicking on the task bar icon)
5) Restart Awasu. Each channel will pop up an error notification. If not, select a channel & update it; then you will see the error.
6) Select Tools->Options->Preferences->Advanced->Proxy Authentication. The username displayed will be corrupted; presumably the password is also.

I'm running 1.1 (I assume 1.1.3 - I downloaded Personal Edition 10/2/2003).

Thanks!
Reality is Negotiable.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:40 pm

sysadmn wrote:If you set up Proxy Authentication it does not work across sessions. If this is the intent, it should be documented.

Proxy details are saved across sessions.

sysadmn wrote:I'm running 1.1 (I assume 1.1.3 - I downloaded Personal Edition 10/2/2003).

Thanks for the comprehensive bug report. It really helps :-)

A quick check shows that it is working fine for me for both 1.1 and 1.1.3 ( 10/2 means February 10 here in Australia, btw :-) so I assume you mean October 2). Check the About box to find out which version you are running.

I'm guessing that you are running 1.1 - there is a known issue where encrypted data can sometimes get corrupted across sessions (it depends on the actual values). This was fixed in 1.1.1 so you should upgrade to the latest and greatest: http://www.awasu.com/downloads/1.1.3/

sysadmn

Postby sysadmn » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:50 pm

You are correct - I was running 1.1.
Upgrading to 1.1.3 has resolved the issue.
Thanks!
Reality is Negotiable.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”