SandyCook

Postby SandyCook » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 pm

I am suddenly unable to add new feeds. When I try Awasu goes through part of the process until I select a directory and then I get the message:

"The Mozilla control was unable to detect where your Mozilla layout libraries may be found. You will now be shown a directory picker for you to locate them."

No matter what part of "Program Files/Mozilla Firefox" or "Mozilla ActiveX Control v.1.7.12" directories I pick I then get the message:

"The Mozilla control could not be located correctly. This could be due to an invalid location being specified for the Mozilla layout libraries or missing files from your installation. Visit www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm for in-depth troubleshooting advice."

That URL takes me to a Mozilla ActiveX Control site the last entry on which is from 2005.

I realize that this is a Mozilla problem but I cannot add sites to my Awasu reader until I solve it.

Has anyone seen this problem and is there a solution?

Using Windows 7/Firefox 3.6.10/ and Awasu Advanced 2.4

Thanks

Sandy Cook.

PS I still love Awasu - it is a life saver for me.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

SandyCook wrote:I am suddenly unable to add new feeds. When I try Awasu goes through part of the process until I select a directory

Awasu never asks you to select a directory when creating a new channel, although it will if you're doing something like configuring where to save downloaded podcasts. When you say "select a directory", do you mean "choose a folder in your My Channels window"? Even so, the Mozilla ActiveX control should only be invoked when Awasu tries to open a browser window, so I'm puzzled as to why you would be getting it.

I guess the obvious first questions are:
(*) what happens if you switch back to using IE? :-)
(*) what happens if you use the "Create now" button in the first page of Awasu's wizard?
(*) do you get the problem if you try to open a browser tab in Awasu (if not, that would suggest that the browser control is configured correctly).

If this has just started happening, something must've changed recently on your machine. My first guess would be you've upgraded your version of Firefox, or some other Mozilla program :-)

SandyCook

Postby SandyCook » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I get the same response no matter which method I use to capture a new feed, either "Create now" or later in the sequence "choose a directory".

IE captures the feed itself and does not take me to Awasu.

I keep both Awasu and Mozilla up to date at all times - Mozilla update is automatic - so it may have changed recently.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 pm

SandyCook wrote:or later in the sequence "choose a directory".

I still don't quite understand wha this means. Do you know what Awasu is referring to when it asks you to "choose a directory"? Maybe send a screenshot.

SandyCook wrote:IE captures the feed itself and does not take me to Awasu.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant - what happens when you configure Awasu to use IE as its embedded browser, instead of Mozilla?

SandyCook wrote:Mozilla update is automatic - so it may have changed recently.

I'd be willing to bet an update has caused this problem :-(

SandyCook

Postby SandyCook » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 pm

"choose directory" was in error - it was making a selection under "Channel Folders" on the "Advanced" page.

I reconfigured Awasu to use IE and it worked fine.

Strangely, I put it back on Mozilla and it also worked, i.e. it gave me the new feed in the folder I requested, but it still gave me the odd message about "Mozilla layout libraries".

I understand now that I cannot expect the same compatibility with Mozilla as there is with IE.

Might as well close this one out and I'll just use IE with Awasu in the future.

Thanks for your trouble and time.

Sandy Cook

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”