EdwardCaulfield

Postby EdwardCaulfield » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:21 am

The first time I click on a feed entry, the feed is opened. Subsequent clicks do nothing. If I restart Awasu, I get the same behavior - one feed opens when clicked, no feeds open afterwards. Web session or screen shots available upon request.

Best Regards,

Edward

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 am

EdwardCaulfield wrote:The first time I click on a feed entry, the feed is opened. Subsequent clicks do nothing. If I restart Awasu, I get the same behavior - one feed opens when clicked, no feeds open afterwards.

Are you talking about clicking on a channel (the things on the left-side of the window, in the My Channels window), or after having opened a channel, a feed item (the individual stories at the top of the channel window)?

Either way, this is really weird.

EdwardCaulfield wrote:screen shots available upon request.

Yes please. Send them to support@awasu.com

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 am

BTW, what happens if you use the keyboard i.e. use the arrow keys to move around and press SPACE or ENTER to open channels and items?

EdwardCaulfield

Postby EdwardCaulfield » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:40 am

support wrote:BTW, what happens if you use the keyboard i.e. use the arrow keys to move around and press SPACE or ENTER to open channels and items?

Once I use the space or enter, I get no response from the application to the cursor keys. I can use the mouse to re-select a feed item, but still nothing opens.

Best Regards,

Edward

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks for sending the screenshot in. Everything looks normal and I'm baffled as to what could be causing this - in the many years we've been running Awasu, I've never seen anything like this.

Are you running a virus checker or firewall? Maybe try turning them off and see if it makes a difference?

You could try switching to using Mozilla as the embedded browser instead of Internet Explorer (open the Options dialog from the Tools menu, go to the Display page, change "Browser windows, Use" in the top-right corner) and see if it makes a difference.

When the first feed item opens, can you click on links and browse around normally? How about if you open a web page manually (File|Open web page), can you still browse normally?

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”