blund

Postby blund » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:45 am

I am using Awasu Advanced 3.0 on Windows 7 64 bit
Quite often the podcasts will sit in download queue inactive for up to 3 sometimes 4 hours after updating.
My setting are checked to "Auto-Download" enclosures automatically at "anytime".
I would like them to download immediately after updating.
Perhaps I have missed a setting or have it wrong.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 am

Awasu was never intended to be a hard-core, high-performance podcast downloader and what you are seeing is probably Awasu behaving as designed.

To avoid it going berserk downloading stuff if a lot of things arrive at the same time, Awasu downloads files one at a time. New files go to the end of the queue, so there might be a delay before it gets downloaded. If there's an error (e.g. a timeout or a broken connection - certainly possible if you're downloading a large file), Awasu will re-try an hour later so that might also explain the delay.

If it's critical that enclosures be downloaded as soon as they arrive, it would be possible to write a channel hook script that gets called whenever a new file is found and downloads it, or forwards it on to a third-party download manager. Somebody already wrote something similar to push downloaded files into iTunes and then his iPod. Not sure if it still works, though... :-)

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”