Page 1 of 1
Mark all as read doesn't work
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:16 pm
When I right-click on a channel (or on a feed item) and click Mark all as read nothing happens.
That's on 2.3 Advanced
Re: Mark all as read doesn't work
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:48 am
halinagold wrote:When I right-click on a channel (or on a feed item) and click Mark all as read nothing happens.
It might sometimes take a few seconds for it to actually happen.
Given your other problems with read/unread items, your archive database might be having some problems. Run <tt>admin.exe</tt> and do an optimize and see if there are any errors.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 pm
Interesting: I ran the admin.exe and it reported that "The archive database was optimized successfully and no errors were found."
Nevertheless, it did solve the problem above... now I could mark all as read.
Encouraged by that I sat the default back to "show unread feed items only". Then proceeded to a feed with a couple of unreads. Did a right-click and marked all as read - and immediately Awasu froze again....
Restarted it and changed the default again to "show all items" - and then it froze again. Will restart again....
Oh, mysterious Awasu...
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:47 pm
Awasu keeps on freezing at some point almost every time it's running, I can't quite see why. I have a feeling it's the connection with the browser (IE 7) that does it, but I'm not sure. It's not just because of the read/unread items.
I wonder if it might help to uninstall and then install from scratch. Can I do that without loosing all my channels?
I just realized I can tell Awasu that it should be using Modzilla instead of. I just did that and we'll see if that helps. Will keep you posted...
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:59 pm
halinagold wrote:I wonder if it might help to uninstall and then install from scratch. Can I do that without loosing all my channels?
If you un-install the software, all your data files are left in place and will still be there if you re-install Awasu.
However, doing this probably won't make much difference. The problem is far more likely to be caused by something in your archive database. You can try deleting your <tt>ARCHIVE2.DB</tt> file (tracks which items have been read and what's in your workpads). If that does't help (it should), delete <tt>ARCHIVE.DB</tt> (stores all your archived content).
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:10 pm
After deleting ARCHIVE2.DB I am now able to mark all as read/unread. I am also able to display unread items only without problems.
I just switched back to IE 7 and it still seems to work fine.
If you don't hear from me again it means that there's no freezing either.
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:25 pm
All the files and what they do are described here