halinagold

Postby halinagold » Sat May 12, 2007 5:17 am

This morning Awasu's browser window is empty. Nothing happens when I click the feed title. It helped to restart.
That's the second time today I had to restart because of Awasu. The first time it was freezing.

All in all, Awasu 2.3 Advanced is acting strangely, every day, at least once a day.
I have deleted the archives several times, uninstalled, made a clean install, changed the default browser - nothing seems to make any difference.
When do you expect a new edition Taka?

Thanks
Halina

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 12, 2007 5:32 am

Is it just FeedBurner feeds or every feed? Post the URL of the feed that is having trouble. What happens if you right-click on an item and choose "Open in new window". If you copy the URL, what do you get?

It might be a good idea to run a virus scan. It may well be something else on your machine that's causing problems since there's no reason for Awasu to be doing this. Also, do you run any programs that "interfere" with normal browsing activity e.g. a proxy, ad-blocker, internet accelerator, etc.?

halinagold

Postby halinagold » Sat May 12, 2007 5:40 am

Thanks for a prompt response - I do appreciate that!

In fact, it was so prompt that you didn't get to see the change I made to the post almost immediately. (refresh and you'll see it). :)
It turned out it was all feeds and it helped to restart.

I'm running virus scans regularly. No viruses. I've got Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 and it's been perfect protection for years.

No, no programs that "interfere". A few add-ons to IE (such as Google bar) but I've now set Firefox to be the default browser in Awasu and there's nothing extra there and it didn't make any differene.

I don't experience any kind of problems with any other Internet based software on my computer.

Thanks -
Halina

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 12, 2007 5:50 am

halinagold wrote:I'm running virus scans regularly. No viruses. I've got Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 and it's been perfect protection for years.

Ya know, it could possibly be the virus scanner, especially if it's got some kind of active "web protection". Try turning it off and see if it makes a difference.

Are you running a firewall? Maybe Awasu is getting blocked.

You say you're getting a blank screen when you open any channel. If you right-click and choose "View source", what do you get? If you go up to the address bar and enter a URL, what happens?

halinagold

Postby halinagold » Sat May 12, 2007 5:56 am

As I said, it helped to restart, so can't reproduce the problem.

:wink:
Halina

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 12, 2007 6:16 am

halinagold wrote:As I said, it helped to restart, so can't reproduce the problem.

Ah, so it only sometimes?

Well, if it happens again, try the things I mentioned above.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”