View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Post Version 1.2.2 (beta)
I have installed 1.2.2 beta under Win98 (yesterday). I think I did it correctly and things are running well for the most part. My problem is that I set up a number of channels, that seemed to install and update fine. 24 hours later, when I go to update these channels I get an error message suggesting that Awasu couldn't resolve server name. Any ideas? I am totally new to RSS and XML. It seems like it would be very handy though and save alot of time getting just the information that I want from the net, once I get things squared away. My research indicated that Awasu is one of the better programs around. Happy Leap Year Day to all ...

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:21 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Version 1.2.2 (beta)
greensun wrote:
when I go to update these channels I get an error message suggesting that Awasu couldn't resolve server name.

This is most likely a problem with something other than Awasu e.g. some temporary problem at your ISP or the web site you are trying to connect to. Try opening the web sites in another browser window. and see what happens.

I'm guessing this is only happening for some of your channels? In all likelyhood, this will clear itself up shortly.

greensun wrote:
My research indicated that Awasu is one of the better programs around.

Thanks! We think so too :-) 8)

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Post quick response
Thank you very much for your quick response. And you were right. The problem did resolve itself and I suspect that it was my ISP. This is just great ! :wink:

Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]