View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Post Browser Pane becomes blank
After a while using Awasu Personal Edition 1.2 The browser pane goes blank and clicking on any link, channel or item means it just stays blank. Only way to get it to display anything is to exit the program and restart it

Running XP Pro SP1 + all latest patches
IE 6.0 SP1 + all latest patches

Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:55 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Browser Pane becomes blank
dgnc wrote:
After a while using Awasu Personal Edition 1.2 The browser pane goes blank and clicking on any link, channel or item means it just stays blank.

Try upgrading to the latest beta.

Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

Have upgraded to the latest Beta and it is still doing it.

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:58 pm
Site Admin

Is it happening a lot? Does it happen only after you visit certain sites?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:50 am
Profile WWW

Post Browser Pane goes blank
It's not after any particular site that does it. It did it again just after I posted the previous reply in this thread and later after I closed a few windows. It doesn't seem to be dependent on anything else running on the computer though normally I have Outlook running as well though I restarted the computer and just had Awasu running and it still did it. It seems to happen after visiting alot of sites. I also get occasions when a rectangular part of the screen goes blank as though a pop-up was opening, it last for about 10 seconds but no pop-up opens. The only unusual thing could be that I am using a dual monitor system though it does it on both screens

Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:08 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Browser Pane goes blank
dgnc wrote:
I also get occasions when a rectangular part of the screen goes blank as though a pop-up was opening, it last for about 10 seconds but no pop-up opens.

How fast is your PC?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:58 pm
Profile WWW

Pentium 4 1.9Ghz, 1GB RDRAM, ATI Radeon 8500, 2 of ATA100 80GB HDD

Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:58 pm
Site Admin

Pentium 4 1.9Ghz, 1GB RDRAM, ATI Radeon 8500, 2 of ATA100 80GB HDD

Thanks.

We've had one report of the blank squares appearing on the screen but not for a while. The guy was also running XP on a relatively slow PC (1.6Ghz IIRC). I'll take another look at it.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

Post It's still doing the blank browser pane problem with 2.0 AE
I am still getting problems with the browser pane not working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. The only way to get it working is to exit the program and start it again.

I am also still getting problems with blank rectangles appearing on the screen and staying for 5-10 seconds during which time you can do nothing

Sun May 02, 2004 12:47 pm

support wrote:
We've had one report of the blank squares appearing on the screen but not for a while. The guy was also running XP on a relatively slow PC (1.6Ghz IIRC). I'll take another look at it.

Well, it's running perfectly well here on a very old and very slow Toshiba Laptop (Celeron 300Mhz) running W98 ! Not a single problem, all the panes refreshes quickly and normally. So i don't think it's a cpu speed problem....

Downgrade back to W98! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 02, 2004 1:33 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: It's still doing the blank browser pane problem with 2.0
dgnc wrote:
I am still getting problems with the browser pane not working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. The only way to get it working is to exit the program and start it again.

I spent a <u>lot</u> of time working with a couple of people trying to resolve this and while we managed to improve things, we weren't able to eliminate it completely. It only seems to happen with XP. I used to get it occasionally myself but haven't seen it for ages.

Melchior's suggestion might not be as far out as it seems :-) Try running the 98/Me version - it works fine on XP. You can just install it on top of your existing files (although backing everything up first would be wise).

Sun May 02, 2004 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]