cybertraker

Postby cybertraker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:59 pm

I have observed that Awasu does not offer to brows the news feeds offline. As we do in Outlook Express, we just download the mail in the client, disconnect from the internet and can read the mails offline. But in case of Awasu as soon as I disconnected from internet, all the newsfeeds dissappeared. Only news summary can be seen and not the complete news. Is there any way to make the content of newsfeed available for offline reading, otherwise it is just like reading news from a website with a normal browser. Then what is the use of this new reader? Please help. :cry:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:59 am

cybertraker wrote:I have observed that Awasu does not offer to brows the news feeds offline. As we do in Outlook Express, we just download the mail in the client, disconnect from the internet and can read the mails offline. But in case of Awasu as soon as I disconnected from internet, all the newsfeeds dissappeared.

Awasu is actually behaving the same way as Outlook i.e. it downloads the feed/email and stores it for reading offline. However, some feeds only publish a short excerpt of the content while others (as we do) publish the entire content. For the latter, you *can* read the content offline.

What you're asking for is akin to Outlook looking for links in your emails and downloading those pages as well so you can read them offline. Something like this will be added to Awasu soon.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”